Saturday, January 14, 2012

Jan 14

Hi everyone, my mom is still at the hospital. She got chemo this morning but will have a break for 24 hours. Yesterday was rough though. She was very nauseous and her face was extremely swollen from all the fluids. I went to the hospital yesterday. My dad has been staying with her every night. Emily will be going today. Maybe if my mom is feeling ok my dad can come home and shower/rest. He said she is feeling a little better today, so that's good news!

This past week I have been in contact with some people who have experience with the same kind of lymphoma as my mom. We have heard some really encouraging stories! I am so grateful for others' experiences and their willingness to share their stories. Since this type of lymphoma has really only very recently been recognized, it's difficult to find others who have been through or are going through the same thing. Once we are through this I know our family will reach out to others to provide encouragement!

We now know the donor is a 22 year old female. That is all we will know for at least a year though. Please pray for my mom's transplant AND for her donor, who has decided to selflessly donate her stem cells!

God presents himself every day in our lives. From putting me in touch with others who are going through the same thing to sending us little messages when we are feeling down, He is with us!

2 comments:

  1. I hope for the best for you and your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are continuously praying for all of you and will now add her donor to our prayers.

    ReplyDelete