Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Jan 3

Hope everyone had a good holiday. We did! My mom started feeling much better a few days after Christmas, and it was wonderful to have her home!! The doctors want her back to the hospital tomorrow to start her last round of chemo. It's a 5 day inpatient treatment. So she is pretty bummed to have to be going back. We are trying to keep her thinking positively even though none of us can imagine what she is going through. Right when she is feeling better she will how to go through being sick again. However, it is almost over.

The doctor told my dad they do have a match for my mom, but we don't know any details or if it is a perfect match yet. I think we will find out tomorrow or the next day. I have been in touch with a wonderful and positive woman who lives in our town and had a bone marrow transplant for non hodgkins lymphoma about 2 months ago. She is so upbeat and positive! She told me she goes for mile walks outside and tries to stay active. That was uplifting to know she is able to go outside and is feeling pretty good. Her son was a donor for her because she did not have a match in the registry. My mom is going to email her today. Thanks to everyone for your support, especially during the holidays!

6 comments:

  1. Much love and hugs to you Spicers !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so happy Julie was with lots of her family for the holidays (it's good healing for her and everyone)
    She is one of the strongest women I know and she is a fighter and has proven that to all of us.
    God Bless you Jules! Keep it going! we all are praying for ya!
    Love ya!
    Debbie and Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, so glad you got to spend time with your wonderful family over Christmas and New Years. I know you made Dani's Christmas as she said to Molly and I all she wanted for Christmas was for you to be home. Always thinking of you and miss seeing you, but know when this is all over we can share laughs and lunch at Panera:.) Stay strong and positive. Lyn xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you! The Walkers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard about the match when I was watching the news this morning. I am so pleased to hear good news. Many prayers and good thoughts are being sent to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom called me first thing this morning ....we are so happy to hear the news of the match! God is hearing our prayers!
    Lots of love to all of you!
    Julie it filled my heart with joy to see the smile on your face the other day.

    ReplyDelete