Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day -2

Hi everyone! My mom is doing much better today, although I have to tell you she was freaking me and Emily out telling us about her hallucinations last night. She still thinks there really were "little bugs with glowing lights making elegant arrangements for themselves in the trees" last night. She also had some visitors from "transformers." Poor thing, my dad got here this morning and she had the iPad next to her and had googled headlice. My dad doesn't seem to think much of the dream, he just goes along with everything she tells him. Emily and I said if my mom were in college and told us about her hallucinations, it would sound like she had a good night! LOL!

She is still somewhat nauseous but is up and reading all of the kind emails from all of you! Thank you to all who sent them! Know that she is reading them. They took the patch behind her ear off and think that's what was causing the hallucinations. It's nice to hear her talking. We know she is definitely feeling better. Today and tomorrow will be resting days and the donor's cells will be here Friday or Saturday. They will fly in to Logan airport in a red cooler. Pretty cool! I pray for the donor and that the donor's cells are good, strong and healthy and will take over my mom's immune system and fight whatever bits of cancer might be left! We don't know really what to expect after the transplant. Everyone responds difficulty. Hopefully my mom will have very few side effects. David has been amazing trough this process. I text him daily to ask if things are normal and if he had the same side effects. We are meeting him for lunch today because he is here for his biweekly check up. Thanks David!!

We got 2 big meals, panera bread, and a beautiful cake from our favorite pastry shop from Dani's school nurse today. It really made my and Emily's day! Thank you Mrs. Sheehan!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Miss! I had a friend who had those kind of dreams, they can seem quite real! Sounds like today will be better, I pray.

    Have a wonderful lunch with David, so very cool...tell him I also send him my best wishes and love.
    Love, Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so proud of you Julie! Keep fighting! Praying everyday for you and the family.
    Love ya- Debbie and Ron

    ReplyDelete