Wednesday, November 23, 2011

November 23

Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
Peter 5:7

My mom had a rough night last night but is doing better today. At about 1am we had to call and ambulance. She got up to go to the bathroom and called my dad to come in and then fainted. It turns out she was just dehydrated from throwing up yesterday. They took her to the local hospital and gave her fluids. Once she was done with the fluids, she was able to come home at about 4am. It was scary but thankfully it was nothing too serious. She has not thrown up again since yesterday and is now able to keep drinking water and Gatorade. My dad is going to work today. He is such a wonderful person and I think he deserves some recognition. He has not left my mom's side since this all began. We appreciate him so much! He barely sleeps but he is still going and is still strong. He keeps us all thinking positively. Thanks Dad! Weare getting ready for Thanksgiving today. Hope everyone has safe travels!

7 comments:

  1. TOMS THE MAN!!!!!! (aka Richard, Barney) This guy is made of steel..but also a heart of gold..:) So sorry you had such a rough night, but today is a new day! I know Julie will get stronger by the hour..with all her loving girls around her! Can't wait to see you all again..maybe next week?!!!!
    Xoxoxo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom you have been an amazing husband and I'm sure Julie is so thankful for all your non-stop support. Melissa, you and Emily have been amazing as well! What a phenomenal family and support system you are for each other. Like I've said, I am here for you all whatever it is you need. I hope Julie is resting more comfortably this afternoon. Lyn xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Julie, tom and girls: Wishing you all Peace and a very Happy Thanksgiving! You are in my prayers every day. Julie keep drinking, but lay off the "hard stuff". Take good care of each other. Love Aunt Dee and Uncle Bill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving Spicer family! You will all be in our hearts and prayers today. We are thankful that Julie has such a wonderful family to support and take care of her. Sorry you had such a scare the other day, we pray your Thanksgiving will be calm and peaceful.
    Cheers and love from the Laborde family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy thanksgiving!!! Wishing you all the best. Thinking of you all!

    Steven muller

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving Spicer family! We love you all -
    The Lemons

    ReplyDelete
  7. You already know my admiration for you, my good son-in-law.
    My precious girls, be well today. I love you all so much. My Julie, I send you all the love in me. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete