Monday, December 19, 2011

Dec 19

My mom is still in the hospital today... Just waiting for the headaches to go away. They are hoping the leak in the spinal fluid will heal on its own because doing a spinal patch to fix it is risky. Her oncologist said they plan to do chemo tomorrow or Wednesday. We are hoping tomorrow so that she has time to get home before Christmas. Either way, they said this chemo should be quick with few side effects, and she should be home for Christmas. The only reason they keep her here for it is so they can give her plenty of fluids so the chemo does not harm her kidneys. I am at the hospital giving my dad the day off. Emily is going to come sleep here tonight. My nana and dad will return tomorrow. My mom seems to be feeling quite a bit better today. She has been online looking at Pinterest! Thanks Ash! I will let you all know when she begins chemo. Keep praying!

4 comments:

  1. Hi,

    This is Chris...we met your family up at Lake Winnisquam this past summer. My mom and I enjoyed meeting you and we want to let you know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. If you need anything please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Guys,
    We lit a prayer candle in St.Patricks Cathedral for you and your family.
    Always thinking and praying for you.
    Love ya-
    Debbie and Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie and Tom. My thoughts and prayers are with you often. Big hugs to you both.
    Vicki Lemon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie, I hope your headaches are getting better. Thinking of you often. Dani, Molly, John and I all went to your church on Sunday and said prayers for you and all the Spicers:.) They prayed for you too, and they even spoke about the bone marrow drive. Stay strong. Love ya. Lyn and the rest of the gang. . .

    ReplyDelete