Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Home

We decided to come home today because we finally felt ready. Thank you to all of you who sent us flowers and cards. Your kind words really did help. We got so many cards that we still have many to open, but it gives us something to do rather than sit around and feel sorry for ourselves. Thank you especially to Mrs. Walker, Mrs. Burdett and Jackie for cleaning our house, providing us with food, and taking care of our crazy dogs! You guys are amazing!!! And thanks to the Rougeau's for watching my little dog/son!

We received a letter from my mom's oncologist and it was really special. He said that he had never seen a patient as gentle and kind as my mom. He also said that he had never seen a family as close and supportive as ours was. He shared information about his own family's loss several years ago. The letter was so meaningful to us. No doctor is required to go out of his way like that, but we appreciate it so much.

Today while flying home on the plane, I kept looking out the window, staring at the clouds. Flying has always made me realize how small each of us really is and how big the universe is. Every little part of our bodies, every little piece of the Earth is so detailed and works in perfect harmony. God is greater than we could ever imagine and if you stop to think about the little details that we take for granted each day, like a tree growing from a seed or a baby being born, you can see all of God's miracles. We cannot even comprehend what he has in store for each of us or how amazing heaven is. We cannot even fathom all of the colors and sights there. And though it's so hard to not know exactly what my mom is experiencing or what she is seeing, I trust that she is there, and I feel peace knowing she is in peace! I love this video about a little girl raised in an agnostic family who began drawing and painting images of heaven. I believe God reaches out to each of us in different ways, ways he knows will be best for us. Just thought I would share :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49wut32Cguw

P.S. I appreciate that many people are still reading the blog! I only like to write when I feel positive or inspired or else I would write more often. Of course there are many days where I feel sad and angry, but I don't think people would like to read those posts as much ;) and I'd rather share positive energy!

6 comments:

  1. Love you Melissa! And I love your posts, you inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Spicer family,
    I love your blog,your post inspire me in every way.I think it is amazing that you keep this blog.My whole team misses Mrs.Spicer, she is dearly missed. Although she is gone she will continue to be part of our team.The other teams have shown support for our team.Some people think she is our missing piece, but she is still hear in everybody's heart, and she will never be completely gone.She will NEVER be replaced.She will be missed for her sympathy,kindness,and her smile.We only got to know her for 2 months but it felt like forever. I remember the day our team found out she was diagnosed with cancer, after that day the team was crushed.


    Love,
    Alexz Galiano

    P.S.
    stay strong <333

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, you are such an amazing woman...just like your mom. I worked with her at Elm Street until I moved to Nashua North last fall. She was such a great teacher and wonderful person....but you are truly amazing...I know it is your mom who has helped you grow into the person you are and still is your mom guiding you through life.
    I hope you follow in your mom's footsteps and become a teacher because we need you! You have a gift for writing, along with your strength and compassion.
    I have prayed every day since last fall for your mom and family. I had cancer last year....my outcome was obviously better. I will continue to pray for you all and read your blog, which gives me strength and helps me to live a better life. That is something good you can take away from this horrible tragedy.......
    With continuing love and prayers to you all,
    Dawn Morton

    ReplyDelete
  4. That video was interesting, thank you for sharing! I agree 200% with Dawn, your compassion and strength really is an incredible gift.
    I always enjoy reading your blog and listening to your amazing insight. Thanks again for sharing.
    xo Jen J.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Melissa, your gift is truly inspiring. I think of you guys everyday.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa, your blog is truly inspiring & touching so many other lives... the morning of your mom's service, I was praying & knew that the light of God's goodness was really being felt by many on that day, and your words and attitudes and how He lives in and through continues to shine... blessings to your entire family. PS that morning I felt strongly to share this passage with you - Romans 8:28-39, but especially the last two verses: "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." God bless you as you walk out this huge transition with the wonderful love of God to comfort you all - sincerely, Gina White (Costco NE office employee)

    ReplyDelete